I admit it. I've become a blog addict.
With the amount of information or entertainment online, is it any wonder I spend hours in-front of a computer? The above picture, is tim showing his computer addiction for researching the next perfect bike to buy. Tim has bikes, I have blogs.
But computers and the internet do good as well. They let us communicate with loved ones far and wide. That's why you're here, right?
Have you ever wondered what a BLOG is? Well, you're on one. If you want to read a definition and more about them, click here.
They are used for information sharing, as 'dear diaries', marketing tools, and pretty much everything else imaginable. Blogging allowed the average person, who did not understand computer/website programming, the ability to create, customize and maintain their own website.
So here we are. I have created a Chilton Family Blog for us to communicate, update and share with each other. It's easy, I promise!
Blogger (this website) allows up to 100 'authors' per blog. Which means, we could all be authors to read and post notes to each other, pictures of what's recently happened in our lives, changes, etc. We can also restrict the viewing of the blog to only those invited or only authors, so it can become private if we choose. Currently, it is public.
Do you want to be an 'author' (which means you can post a note on the website, as I am doing with this post you are reading)? To be an author on blogger, you must have a gmail account. Currently, we all have many different email accounts (comcast, yahoo, gmail, msn, work email, etc).
If you decide to open a gmail account and become an author on the Chilton Family blog, it's free! Go to: www.gmail.com, and towards the middle right of the screen, you will see a blue link titled "Sign up for google mail". Follow the instructions from there. Both christie and I love it, and highly recommend it.
Once you open a gmail account, email me with your gmail address, and I'll add you as an author.
If you decide not to open a gmail account, not to worry, you can still see the blog and other people's posts/notes and make your own comments. Don't feel like you HAVE to get a gmail account, you dont. The blog will still be a nice way for you to keep in touch and hear about what others are up to!
I hope this will be of interest. I would love to hear about what each of you are up to, funny stories, random thoughts, pictures, etc. Christmas's don't happen often enough.
Hope all is well with you, and we hear from you soon!
xoxo,
laurie

2 comments:
please call the ergonomic police on Tim. That posture is making me cringe.
Ha. He'd prefer I didnt post that picture, but I love it- makes me laugh. And it went perfect with my story!
Post a Comment